Le Noir Forge Museum (Isle Madame)
Thomas and Simon Le Noir sailed from France to Arichat at the turn of the 19th century. By 1811 they had a set up a blacksmith and locksmith business they built the Forge with stone blocks from Port Hood. The ‘Old Forge’ serviced many vessels, fitting and refitting them with chains and anchors.
Restored in 1967 as a museum, the Forge features artifacts from Isle Madame’s past; operated by the Isle Madame Historical Society, it is the focal point of the Arichat Waterfront.
Open June to September, 10:00 to 5:00 daily.
708 Veterans Memorial Drive